Wednesday, July 01, 2009

We haven't move yet, but...

I'm trying to figure out how we're going to combine a girl toddler with the baby on the way in ONE ROOM. Actually, for the first few months...the baby will be sleeping in our bedroom on a used cradle we bought out of Craigslist.com and Gwen's old crib set will be re-purposed/re-finished for the baby boy Caleb.

Since the two rooms of the house we bought are on the first level while the 3rd bedroom is in the basement, it just make sense for both of them to be in the same room for a couple of years. We can't put the the baby or Gwen in the basement, far from our sight when the master's bedroom is on the first level. So, I kept searching and searching the net for inspiration or design concept on having two opposite-gender kids in one room and I found some!

Found this at Apartment Therapy's "OhDeeDoh.com" website which is Jackie and Joe's room. That is what I actually thought of, paint the crib set and furnitures white. It will go well with the existing room's paint color which is light green.


I can't get over the elephant in my head, so I better add this decals on the wall where the crib goes! Decals by DecalHappy.etsy.com


This decals are cool also to put in their room! Found this again at Apartment Therapy's OhDeeDoh.com website.One last inspiration I found was from TonyaJoy Photography. She posted her kid's vintage-inspired room. I'm tempted to go this route...modern-vintage black and white room. Hmmm...still deciding, but at least, there's still plenty of time to decide. I just wish my sisters are around to help me put it together as it's not fun having cramps and back pain lately.

:)

No comments: