Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Busy Week

This week was busy...not because I'm working on a project or a painting (although I have one still in progress), but because I am job hunting. I'm excited to go back into the workforce. My last job was in the ad agency and that was three years ago. I got an email from a friend of mine today about the good news with a possible job she can get any time now after a very fast interview phase with the corporate heads. What's amazing was it wasn't "just" a job. It was her "dream" job. I was so happy after reading her email and how events came in this year which brought her to a decision to go back to the corporate world. She has been sought many times by her previous company, but she always wanted to do or find that "dream" job. So how do we find that "dream" job? 


I thought at this point in my life now, I don't have a dream job anymore. Why? Because I worked, worked, and worked before I met my husband now? Because I got pregnant and stayed home? What if I go back to work full-time again outside the home, I'll just take any possible job to help support my family? Just as I thought of these things, I realized I'm putting this God I believe in and love in a box that even though I know He loves me, He can just give me "just" any kind of job even if I don't like it. 

Expect the unexpected, those were big words for me 3 years ago. Somehow, as life changes and many trials unfold, these big words became a cliche. 

I realized that while I do the things that are in my control while applying for jobs, I have to put my trust in Him. My take is to expect big from a big God and be prepared to face people who can discourage me. 

"Sow a thought and you reap an action. Sow an action and you reap a character."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chie, thanks for visiting my blog USApinoy. I've added you up and you can check it out at http://www.usapinoy.com/blogroll.

Good luck to your job hunting and I hope you get a job that you will enjoy going to work everyday, and if I may say, with lots of nice, co-workers too?

Stay happy!