Monday, September 08, 2008

End of Summer




Summer is really coming to end and Fall is making it's way. Last Labor Day Holiday, we spent our weekend with my hubby's family at Winona Lake, IN. It was a blast we gathered with his whole family on Sunday afternoon for pizza made by my hubby's dad. My mother-in-law made me two of my favorite cakes. One is red velvet cake and the other one was upside-down cake. The next day, we had a lunch party while soaking under the sun at their backyard pool with steaks, pasta, mushroom rice, mac 'n cheese, salads, deviled eggs and pie. Corn hole game was a hit also. We had a photo shoot in the afternoon as part of the family's portraiture every 5 years. This year, they sure did had a lot of additions in the portraiture. I am one of them, my daughter Gwen and her two other cousins.

Yesterday, my hubby learned that his parent's house was now sold. They lived there for 15 years and as summer has come to end, their legacy in the house at Orchard Drive will still continue to live. Although I came to the family just 3 years ago, the house has always been full of life. Aside from his family, the house became a place for his parent's friends to stay for an out-of-town visit in Winona Lake, has housed several Grace College students and even opened it's door to Wagon-Wheel theatre actors in Warsaw, IN. Almost a month ago, my hubby's dog Rusty sang his last song in the house before he was put down. That last song will be our last song too...

No comments: