Tuesday, January 06, 2009

A year of expectations

It's over a year ago since we moved here in Kentucky and it's a blessing to see how life unfolds despite of bumps and holes along the road. Our journey began when me and my hubby made a vow 3 years ago in the small town of Winona Lake in Indiana. Since then, life was never easy yet every moment in our life together brings us more closer to each other and in every situation, draws us closer to God.

When we moved to Columbus, OH...it wasn't easy also. There are times when my hubby's parents has to lend a hand in our financial situation. Hubby lost his job several times while we raise our daughter who was turning one year old then. Yet, I could not stop thanking God for allowing us to go through that process in those times.

When my hubby got a job in Cincinnati, we knew this is where God wants us to be. It was a scary move because we don't have any savings but God opened the door for us to find a place to stay while we look for a permanent dwelling. Our friend's aunt and uncle were very gracious enough to have us stay in their house for a couple of weeks until we find an apartment.

Later last year, we decided that we wanted to move back to Winona , IN where my hubby's family is from. We've been looking and looking for jobs yet nothing has opened anything for us. We're almost in the brink of giving up yet we stopped hunting for jobs just before Christmas comes. It's not because we gave up...but we realized we need to step back a little and see a picture of us here in the place where God placed us a year ago. It was a hard decision to make...but God confirmed it more after Christmas that He calls us to serve outside of our comfort zone.

If I am going to sum up all His blessings to us last year...it's more than enough. Because one of the greatest blessing we had was having my permanent residency approved. I felt like I really existed in this land I live and much more.

This year, we are welcomed with great expectations. We have a lot to expect and at the same time, to give back to Him through service. I've been delayed for almost 9 days already...and although we haven't made any blood test or official testing, I can feel changes in my body that I have someone inside of me. I'm still hoping to find a full-time job, yet I am laying it all down to God. It's a year of expectations, expecting a new one...a new job...and hopefully a mission opportunity to serve in my home country.

No comments: